Paragliding is special recreational adventure activity of flying Paraglider in air. Paragliding is very adventurous activity which require special skill to experience safe. Paragliding can be done solo and Tandem. Bir Billing is best spot for paragliding – aero-sport in India and 2nd best place for paragliding in world. Bir Billing successfully hosted paragliding world cup in 2015.
Arrive Bir and wash and change at hotel or guest house, start trek at 1100 hrs, trek passing through pahari villages and mountain stream. After trekking 4-5 hr you reach at Billing, which is paragliding takeoff point.
Dinner and Overnight stay in Dome tents at Billing
Paragliding session of 15 to 30 min, land at Bir, breakfast at Bir and departure.
The Trip Cost Includes
- Accommodation for 01 night at Billing in Dome tents on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Meals from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on day 2 as per itinerary.
- Paragliding session of 15 - 30 min from Billing to Bir on day 2.
- Accompanied by local guide for trekking and paragliding pilot for Paragliding.
- 01 room for Wash and change on day 1.
- Trek start at 1100 hrs.
- Sleeping bags, mattress and dome tents provided for stay at Billing at 1700 hrs.
- Dry pit toilets at Billing, no electricity (only solar lamps)
The Trip Cost Excludes
- The above price excludes the following services:.
- Travel insurance covering medical evacuation, hospitalization, baggage insurance and trip cancellation.
- Paragliding weight limit is 15-95 kg, if weight is between 95-115 kg the paragliding team charge INR 500/- extra and also decide it at the time of paragliding, depending upon fitness of person.
- Any en-route or personal expenses such as alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, tips & gratuities, laundry etc.
- Videography of Paragliding, Personal equipment for trek like clothes, shoes, day packs, personal medical kit etc. However, light weightcarry-mattresses with sleeping bags will be provided by us inside the tents during the trek.
- Any exigency expenses caused by or liability for disturbance in trip program due to circumstances beyond our normal control. Such as airline delays, road blocks, vehicle malfunctions, weather conditions, sickness, natural disasters, riots etc.
Frequently asked Questions
Annapurna Base Camp is a Grade B or a moderately difficult trekking route. So any fit person can do this trek, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
On average, you walk about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
The highest altitude reached is 4190m. This is the elevation of Annapurna Base Camp. ABC is the highest we will climb in this trek.
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities as well. You may have to pay certain amount for both ($1-$2). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
No. There are no ATMs on this trek route. You will have to draw enough cash in Pokhara or Kathmandu. There are a number of ATMs in these cities. Everything is paid in Nepali rupees. So money should be exchanged before the start of the trek.
Yes. Internet can be accessed in most places. Sometimes, there might be some technical problems. Internet in Nepal is not as fast as you are used to and at times you can just lose connection.
Not really. It depends on you. If you want, ABC trekking can be done independently. You could hire a guide and a porter by yourself instead of going through an agency or not hire a guide at all. Although, not having a guide can be a little problematic during off season.
It really depends on you. Is it your first time in Nepal? How confident are you of being able to find your way around? How pressed on time are you? If you go through an agency, it will be costlier but everything will be planned. You will only have to come, trek and return.
For Annapurna region, pay for guides range from $20 to $30 per day and porters take $15 to $25 per day.