Suryanelli Holiday Package
Suryanelli is a charming town nestled in the Idukki district of Kerala, India, within the enchanting Western Ghats. Renowned for its breathtaking landscapes, Suryanelli is embraced by extensive tea plantations, adding to its scenic allure. The town serves as an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a tranquil escape.
Surrounded by lush greenery and hills, Suryanelli offers visitors a delightful experience with opportunities for trekking and nature walks. The region's pleasant climate, attributed to its elevated position, makes it a year-round destination.
Suryanelli is often accessed from the popular hill station of Munnar, situated approximately 65 kilometers away. The journey between Munnar and Suryanelli treats travelers to picturesque routes adorned with tea gardens and panoramic views.
With its serene ambiance and proximity to natural attractions, Suryanelli stands as a peaceful retreat in the heart of Kerala's Western Ghats, providing a perfect escape for those seeking tranquility and the beauty of nature.
5 Places to Visit in Suryanelli
While Suryanelli is a relatively small town, it is surrounded by picturesque landscapes and offers access to various natural attractions in the Western Ghats. Here are five places to visit in and around Suryanelli:
- Suryanelli is encompassed by lush tea plantations, providing a scenic and immersive experience. Visitors can explore the tea estates, witness the tea cultivation process, and enjoy panoramic views of the rolling hills covered with vibrant green tea gardens.
- Located near Suryanelli, Chinnakanal Waterfalls is a beautiful cascade nestled amidst the verdant hills. The site offers a refreshing break with the soothing sound of cascading water, making it an ideal spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
- Anamudi is the highest peak in the Western Ghats and is located in close proximity to Suryanelli. While the peak itself is challenging to climb, the surrounding areas provide opportunities for trekking and offer breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.
Mathikettan Shola National Park:
- Mathikettan Shola National Park is known for its rich biodiversity and is situated near Suryanelli. The park is home to diverse flora and fauna, making it a great place for nature walks and wildlife enthusiasts. Trekking trails in the park provide an opportunity to explore its natural beauty.
Lockhart Gap Viewpoint:
- The Lockhart Gap Viewpoint is known for its panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It's a perfect spot to witness the beauty of the Western Ghats and capture stunning photographs. The viewpoint is easily accessible from Suryanelli and offers a peaceful retreat.
How To Reach Suryanelli
Suryanelli is a part of the Idukki district in Kerala, India, and it is nestled in the Western Ghats. The town is well-connected by road and can be reached from various nearby cities. Here are the general guidelines on how to reach Suryanelli:
- The nearest airport to Suryanelli is Cochin International Airport (COK), which is approximately 130 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or use other local transportation to reach Suryanelli. The journey from the airport takes around 4-5 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.
- The nearest major railway station is Kottayam Railway Station, located about 130 kilometers away from Suryanelli. From Kottayam, you can hire a taxi or use bus services to reach Suryanelli.
Suryanelli is well-connected by road, and buses and private taxis are available from nearby cities. The town is often accessed from Munnar, which is approximately 65 kilometers away. The journey from Munnar to Suryanelli provides scenic views of tea plantations and hills.
If you are driving, you can reach Suryanelli via NH185 or other state highways, depending on your starting point. The road conditions may vary, so it's advisable to check for the latest updates and navigate using a reliable map or GPS.
- Regular bus services operate between major cities in Kerala and Suryanelli. You can check with the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) or private bus operators for schedules and routes.
- If you prefer flexibility, you can opt for a self-drive option. The road journey to Suryanelli offers picturesque views, but it's essential to be cautious and adhere to traffic rules.
1 suryanelli Tour Packages
Best suryanelli Tour Packages
|suryanelli Tour Packages
|5 Nights / 6 Days
|Meal, Transfer, Flights, Sightseeing, Hotels
Kerala tour 2 Night Munnar | 1 Night Suryanali| 1 Night Alleppey|1 Night Kovalam
6 Days & 5 Nights